Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Year Away From Home

New years are best spent at home, with the family you most love. But this new year, I wasn't with them, but they were still with me.
December 30, 2010, I was given the chance to go to manila for the first time, but I had to make a big decision, to spend new year with my family or to go to manila. I choose to go to manila because I thought that I might not get another chance again in a long time, thinking that new year away from home wouldn't be so bad, but I was wrong. Yes, I enjoyed my "manila boy" experience and buying my spike shoes but as the clock struck twelve on December 31, I felt something was missing, I wished I was with my family at that moment, enjoying the new year with them.
A new year away from home is really sad, thats why I just slept when my cousins were enjoying and celebrating. Though I was far away from them during my stay at manila, I always made sure to pray for them and keep them in my heart. New years spent with family are yet still the best.

2 comments:

  1. i appreciate your post..
    it was so very interesting..
    your right..spending your time with your family is still the best..

    ReplyDelete
  2. rAnDeLL™ said...
    that was awesome...

    ReplyDelete